Thursday, November 8, 2012

"Thanks" Burlap Banner

With the arrival of November, I had to take down the Halloween decorations and prepare for Thanksgiving. I had no idea what to do to decorate and since I am on a budget (big surprise there!) I took to trusty Pinterest for ideas. I saw a really cute Burlap banner that simply read "Thanks" strung from corner to corner. I thought it was cute and believe it or not, I had everything needed in my house :) This made me super happy!! I usually have to run out for some stupid little detail like glue drops or something. So, I pulled out all my materials and got to work.  I just cut burlap squares (intentionally different sizes), and painted a creamy background on them. Once dried, I used my paint marker (LOVE these) to do my letters. It did take a couple coats of the paint marker to make sure my letters were dark enough. Let me know what you think?? I think it's not too "shabby", if I say so myself :)

This is the original pin from Pinterest... you can acutally purchase it here
http://www.etsy.com/listing/110837971/thanks-burlap-banner-bunting

And here is my DIY version

I actually really like how it is not perfect looking and it looks like it's done by hand. I think it adds character.

My son Roman, has said to me recently, "Mama, we are so lucky to have you to make our house look so nice and pretty. You are such a good artist.".... He is so sweet. He must get it from his Mom. :) I think that meant he liked it too. And for having such sweet children... I am Thankful!!!

Here is a look at my mantle all together. Please ignore the marble fireplace, as I HATE it and just haven't figured out how to change it.

No comments:

Post a Comment