Friday, November 9, 2012

"Fire Wood" Bucket


Good Afternoon! I am just going to do this super quick little post about my fire wood bucket, that sits next to the fireplace. I think it is precious. My boyfriend had this terrible habit of leaving the super UNattractive bag of firewood next to the fireplace....really???  It took about 3 times of this happening before I searched for a solution.

I did some brainstorming, and remembered a big tin ice bucket that I had purchased years ago at target for roughly $5. I think we have used it twice... maybe. So, I dug it out of the bottom of the pantry. I liked the size, and shape but the pattern and color were so wrong. I mixed me up a little DIY chalk paint (will post later) from an old paint sample I had from when we moved in and painted the bucket. I think the color was called "Cream in my Coffee". I pulled out my black chalkboard paint and sectioned off an area so that I could label the bucket... as if people wouldn't know that the wood sitting in it is for the fire. Lastly I found some left over burlap, lace and fabric to make a cute little bow to tie on one of the handles... just to make it a bit more girly. Ta Da!!! This is what I got. It serves it's purpose and is much cuter than the plastic bag.
I would have redone the words on the front, had I been able to find my chalk. Thanks to the toddler in the house, I am sure :)


No comments:

Post a Comment