Saturday, November 10, 2012

3 Drawer Dresser

Hello everyone. Here are a few pics of a really cute little 3 drawer chest that now sits in my dining area. It was of course, a $20 chest from the good will. Now, I absolutely adore it.
When I purchased it, it was a dark blue (painted by someone else). I Used my DIY chalk paint, gave it a couple coats, then really gave it some depth with some "light wood" stain. I applied the stain at first with a brush, then used a microfiber cloth to rub it around until I liked the look. I am super technical like that. I left the center area of the drawers lighter, with more stain around the edges.
I gently distressed the corners, (where I had painted black under my chalk paint) and topped it off with some  super cute drawer pulls form Hobby Lobby... LOVE Hobby Lobby, and their drawer pulls! 
Anyways, hope you love this one as much as I do. It was a spur of the moment kind of project.



No comments:

Post a Comment